Monday 11 November 2013

expressive drawing

It was fun to really loosen up this drawing week and create more artwork inspired by my objects to inform ideas for the rest of the technical blocks. 
my homemade paintbrushes
using my paintbrushes to explore the shape of the squishy ball from my box!

progressively looser studies of whistle
drawing from imagination from each others drawings 
 I enjoyed working on a big sheet of lining paper on thursday- we had to make a series of studies of one object, but had progressively less time for each one, and had to make it twice the size of the previous drawing. I found that mine became very big with loose brush stokes and a real feeling of movement. We also started work on colour studies: really looking at each object and trying to figure out the proportions of colours and the exact shades. This should be useful for making yarn choices in my upcoming 'Weave' block! 


No comments:

Post a Comment