Wednesday 15 January 2014

Playing with prints

Seeing as I've had PRINT on my mind lately with the technical block work, when I was out browsing some shops the other day, I couldn't help zoning in on the patterns that were around. I started off just taking snaps of prints I liked, but then ended up trying on a few printed garments to experiment with how patterns could go together too. It was good fun!

Geometrics








Florals




Slogan/Graphic


Organic shapes & hand painted feel






Combing Patterns 




Sometimes garments with contrasting patterns work well worn together. But sometimes the same pattern all over on each separate garment creates a bold statement- like my final double dark floral skirt and top pairing! 
(Just incase you were wondering...it was all for research and inspiration- I was very restrained and only brought socks and tights on this 'shopping trip', ha!) 





No comments:

Post a Comment