Tuesday 7 January 2014

digital print design introduction

After our photoshop induction, I found that playing around with photoshop can be quite fun and addictive! There's limitless potential to how you can change a design, all just with a series of clicks and new layers. Suddenly, you can create a new colour-way, background, define a pattern, or turn the whole image into a silhouette and fill it in with another image- and it just goes on! I really enjoyed having the chance to experiment with things I have already taught myself when I've played around on the programme before, as well as picking up new tips and tricks. There is so much to learn!
From my 'hybrid' collages, and the patchwork-like 'childhood cube' I saw on my visit to the Museum of Childhood, I knew I wanted my prints to be quite busy with juxtaposed elements. I began by scanning in some of my Box Clever drawings and then recolouring, scaling and filling in sections, which I could copy and play around with. Here's a few screen shots of some initial experiments, which sparked off further ideas for my A3 designs.... 




No comments:

Post a Comment