Saturday 14 December 2013

Inspiration: Sarah Raphael's 'Childhood Cube'

Sarah Raphael's 'Childhood Cube' was in the creative gallery of the Museum of Childhood. Made in the millennium with input from primary school children, its filled with lots of little models and decorated with swirling patterns- to me, it was a playful, innocent, fun celebration of life through a child's eyes. 




Going with the idea of taking reference for my print work from hybrid imagery of my objects, this cube sculpture, with its randomly juxtaposed elements made by lots of different children and all pieced together, is another fun bit of visual inspiration. I like the crazy, patchwork feel it has due to all the separate parts being viewed at once, and I'll be experimenting with this feel in my digital prints. 

artwork reference:
Raphael, S (2000) Childhood Cube Mixed. Media sculpture/installation. London: Museum of Childhood

No comments:

Post a Comment