Saturday 14 December 2013

Making Stencils

I have always admired Louise Gray for her use of print. I mean, just for example, isn't this a wonderful look from SS13…
Louise Gray SS13
(accessed at http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/S2013RTW-LGRAY/ December 2013)
I think it's her layered, more is more approach that really appeals to me. Prints are placed within prints, and I love the build up of all the patterns and colourways just on the individual garments, let alone when combined together into a whole outfit!

Today I started cutting stencils to be used for screen printing for my Print Technical Block which has now begun. Keeping the layered style that I love so much in Louise Gray's work in mind, my aim is to create many stencilled shapes to then overlap and hopefully print in lots of fun and exciting ways! I enjoyed having some wall space to pin up my drawings in the studio- I was surrounded by my rather crazy inspiration!
my space!






External Image reference: 
(2013) Louise Gray SS13 Print [Online Image] Available at http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/S2013RTW-LGRAY/  [Accessed 12/13]

No comments:

Post a Comment