Saturday 14 December 2013

Inspiration: Eatock's playful pen prints

I've been using markers a lot recently in my research drawings- the bold, graphic marks work well for extracting ideas from my box of playful things. But look at these! I can't help loving how Daniel Eatock has played around with the markers in a slightly different way, using them to create sets of 'prints'  from. 

Created by simply placing paper ontop of upright marker pens, and allowing the ink to organically soak into the paper, the results are bright, colourful and unpredictable…I like the fact that it is impossible to create the same thing twice. I like the slightly random, out of control way the prints form. 
Especially inspiring to broaden my view of 'print' at the start of my print technical block!

Image Reference:
Daniel Eatock (2011) Pen Prints [Online Image] Available at http://eatock.com/projects/pen-prints/ [Accessed 30/11/13]

No comments:

Post a Comment