Thursday 9 October 2014

orange in the libary

Seems like I'm tuned in to all things orange at the moment. It started out with being drawn to the arrangement of orange books on the shelves looking at the colour of the spines while I was in the library.

I then started taking some quick snaps for ideas to help develop thinking around proportion and groupings, and just to generally feed into inspiration for my project. Colour is everywhere! It's time to get excited!

block orange
 orange/red/blue- colours found in my research. Interesting seeing them like colour chips represented in strips by these books here. (for project development- think about how I can use found objects to help capture/define/give a sense of colours I want to use...)
 now: within the pages. The following images are from Emil Nolde's 'Radiance  and colour' book I was flicking through. I love the vibrancy of the orange and the blue. The strength of the blue here reminds me of the 'blue room' at the National Gallery's 'Making Colour' exhibition I went to last month. Striking and beautiful.




 Imagery taken from magazine ads that I was then looking at. Blues, oranges, browns and greens.














It's interesting just looking at how colour works in everyday life, the combinations we see around us. It all feeds in to subconscious perception and design choices I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment