Thursday 9 October 2014

exploring the orange cont.

starting to play around with a rather orange moodboard.....

gathering things onto sheets exploring the earthy orange tones...
BAM! powdery orange! this was actually bits of pastel shredded up to roll my paper-bead experiments in, to add texture to the finished surface of the beads (I'll add pictures of the progress of these soon). However- I love the effect of the colour on the shiny silver foil I had to hand as a surface to crumble it on- there's potential explore these colour combos with the contrasting silver sheen, further, I think!
my powdery splats onto foil remind me of these kind of splashes of colour that were dotted around the earthy ground of Tanzania:



now- drawing from my floor silhouette images. just outlining the silhouette shapes on tracing paper with pastel lines, playing around with the dark shadow and bright outlines on tracing paper (the fact that you can see the newspaper I was working onto underneath is not intentional, ha!)


pastel exploration of organic flow of orangey ground, contrasting with the purple/plum/pinky shadows... there is so much to explore from my research! and this has just been with a focus on 'orangey' areas so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment