Thursday 23 October 2014

extracting colour

After the colour workshop, I've been going through my research photos and pulling out the colours to make some more palette arrangements linking to my project.

Seeing as the Tanzanian landscape had quite a busy feel, with many different materials and surfaces being recycled and reclaimed, and being reused in a multitude of ways, I like the idea of using found objects in my colour work...it's like the 'fabric' of the environment there was very responsive, in flux, and cultivated collectively by all the people living there...so I want my work to have a similar feel...a bit of a jumble...collections and arrangements of colour that evoke the lively, quirkiness of the place....a sense of rawness and imperfect human touch....a realness and an immediacy....











No comments:

Post a Comment