Saturday 19 October 2013

Inspiration to start collecting!

How fabulous is this paper installation at the Saatchi Gallery?!

Marcelo Jácome’s Planos-Pipas


I went and saw this installation the other week, just as I was considering which objects to begin collecting and including in my 'Box Clever' collection. I felt like a little child again, standing surrounded by all these colours suspended above me! It reminded me of a kaleidoscope, or a mass of kites tangled together. Constructed from hundreds of bits of paper covering linking wooden structures, you can't help being amazed at the sheer size of it, and how bright it is. It filled me with a child-like excitement and awe, which was the perfect mind-fame I needed to start collecting my box of toys and things to play with. I want my box to have a similar effect when people open it: to make them think 'wow! this looks fun!'

No comments:

Post a Comment