Thursday 22 May 2014

Stop & Bloom

Here is a short video showing views of my paper installation actually placed within the little bus stop 'garden' on my road- I think it really made things there bloom!



Unfortunately the video quality isn't that great as it was such a bright day, and I don't really have any experience video editing, so it was a learning curve just putting this together! Initially I imagined creating an animation as part of this project outcome. This was something I didn't have the time/capacity to explore further than my experimental gif edits (shown in the post previously), but even just taking on these simple moving-image tasks makes me feel like this is definitely an area I'd love to pursue further in future projects. The prospect of bringing ideas to life- almost quite literally!- through the use of video and animation seems like a really interesting way of communicating my ideas.
Finally, I wish I'd been able to capture some of the people's reactions and expressions when they came to the bus stop and saw what I was doing there- I had some great comments from total strangers, and it was a really fun thing to do!
I hope this little clip gives a tiny taster of how my flowers looked in location however. A place to stop- and bloom!

No comments:

Post a Comment